Our Safeguarding Policy provides the information you need in a comprehensive, user-friendly format to enable you to fulfil your responsibility to protect everyone in your parish from harm or abuse.
The Bishop of Chelmsford, Rt Revd Stephen Cottrell issued a ‘Safeguarding Pack’ to all parishes in October 2014.
The Action Pack contains the following essential documents which are available as downloads:
The Bishop’s advice to his Incumbents, Churchwardens and Parish Child Protection Advisers is to keep the Policy Manual, Practice Guidance & Resources where you easily get hold of them.
Make sure the poster is on your church noticeboard and carry your Pocket Guide with you.
- Parish Safeguarding Representative Job Description template
- Application Form for work with children/vulnerable adults template
- Confidential Declaration Form template
- Request for References template
- Regulated Activity Flowchart for DBS information sheet (to determine eligibilty for checking the Barred Lists)
- DBS Online Application Process Flowchart (Clergy) information sheet
- DBS Paper Application Process Flowchart (Laity) information sheet
Safer Practice Guidance:
- Model Safeguarding Statement template
- Parish Safeguarding Checklist template
- Parish Activity Plan – working with Children template
- Parish Activity Plan – working with Vulnerable Adults template
- Risk Assessment Guidance – church activities information sheet
- Risk Assessment Form – church activities template
- Residential Trip – points to consider information sheet
- Personal Registration & Consent Form – Children & Vulnerable Adults template
- Using Images information sheet
- Consent Form: Images - Children & Vulnerable Adults template
- Using Social Media information sheet
- Adult to Child Ratios – working with children information sheet
- Working with Adults in their homes information sheet
Safeguarding Allegation & Case Management:
- Record of Safeguarding Concern template
- Body Map Diagram template
- Confidentiality Flowchart information sheet
- Allegations Management Process Flowchart information sheet
- Taking Action – What to do if you are concerned about a child or an adult flowchart information sheet
For more information please contact Laura Tyler
Did you find what you were looking for or have any comments?