Presence and Engagement - Chelmsford Diocese Inter-Faith Issues Group
Engagement with other faiths can take many different forms. The Diocesan Inter-Faith Issues Group (DIFIG) reflects the theological diversity of such engagement, operating along the lines suggested nationally in the Church of England’s report Presence and Engagement (see Links below).
DIFIG provides a forum for theological reflection and monitoring of inter-faith issues within the Diocese and includes representatives of people involved in inter-faith work locally, including those engaged in sector and other ministries.
DIFIG has links with many local faith forums across the Diocese and can make available published advice on increasing participation on faith forums.
DIFIG is closely linked with The Greater London Presence and Engagement Network (PEN) – see Link below.
Members of DIFIG have put together the Living with Other Faiths resource. This is available as a pack or on-line here.
The Resource pack’s objectives are to:
- Identify biblical principles for engaging with other faith communities;
- Develop understanding of the beliefs and sensitivity to the practices of other faith communities; and
- Consider a range of ways of engaging with other faith communities and to identify particular ways appropriate to your parish.
The video of the Waltham Forest Inter-Faith Pilgrimage is now online. To watch this inspiring video click here.
Diocese of Chelmsford Presence & Engagement Group
020 8599 2170
The group can also provide -
- Advice on the use of Church buildings by people of other faiths, mixed-faith marriages, funerals etc.;
- Contributions to courses, workshops and other educational events;
- Advice to schools, colleges, hospitals and local authorities;
- Help with mission among and to people of other faiths.
Lots of advice is already available via the web-links below.
Greater London Presence and Engagement Network - www.londonpen.org
Presence and Engagement (Church of England) - www.presenceandengagement.org.uk
Faith Forums in the Diocese of Chelmsford
- Barking & Dagenham Faith Forum – Paula Watson - 020 85942964
- Basildon Forum of Faiths – Jack De-Metz firstname.lastname@example.org
- East London Three Faiths Forum - email@example.com
- Faithful Friends (Forest Gate) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Havering Interfaith Forum – John Lester email@example.com
- Mid Essex Inter Faith Forum- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Newham Faith Sector Forum – email@example.com
- Redbridge Council of Faiths - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Redbridge Faith Forum – email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Waltham Forest Faith Communities Forum – email@example.com
Other organisations whose area of operation includes the Barking Episcopal Area and that bring faith representatives together include:
- Faiths Forum for London - firstname.lastname@example.org
- London Boroughs Faiths Network - email@example.com
Did you find what you were looking for or have any comments?